admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enabling tx service in adminGUI?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:17:33 -0800

Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Hi Anissa,
>
> Thank you for the update.
>
> Anissa Lam wrote:
>> Hi Marina,
>>
>> If you are talking about just the configuration, ie, the
>> Configuration -> Transaction Service tree node and screen, then
>> there is no special backend code needed. The standard AMX bean will
>> do.
>
> Let's keep our fingers crossed - not everything is smooth when
> transactions from v2 to v3 :(.
>

>> There is also a screen to 'Recover Transaction' which is presented
>> as a tab for server instance. In v2, there is no AMX method to
>> support this, and we have to invoke the method
>> 'recoverTransactions' on the mbean
>> "com.sun.appserv:type=transactions-recovery,category=config", passing
>> in the instance name and the log directory. We probably need
>> someone to make this method avaiable through AMX.
>
> I think there was an event listener for this and/or CLI-based
> requests. The tx recovery is there, so only the glue code is needed
> (AMX or whatever it is in v3).
>

>> As for when this plugin will be available, I am not sure at this
>> point. My estimate for this work, assuming AMX bean and method is
>> there, is about 1 week time to create a plugin module to support the
>> above functionality.
>

> On which side of the code?
I mean if the backend is ready, and there is the API for GUI to call to
support the configuration and recover Transaction, it will take me 1
week to create this plugin module and provide the support.

> I also want to know if it makes sense to have a
>> EJB plugin module to configure the EJB container, the Transaction
>> Service and support Recover Transaction.
>
> Transaction Service is separate from EJB (you can use transactions in
> a pure web container). So there should be 2 plugins.

So, in this plugin, you only want 2 screen, Transaction Service and
Recover Transaction, is this correct ?

thanks
Anissa