admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enabling tx service in adminGUI?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:36:07 -0800

Hi Marina,

If you are talking about just the configuration, ie, the Configuration
-> Transaction Service tree node and screen, then there is no special
backend code needed. The standard AMX bean will do.

There is also a screen to 'Recover Transaction' which is presented as
a tab for server instance. In v2, there is no AMX method to support
this, and we have to invoke the method 'recoverTransactions' on the
mbean "com.sun.appserv:type=transactions-recovery,category=config",
passing in the instance name and the log directory. We probably need
someone to make this method avaiable through AMX.

As for when this plugin will be available, I am not sure at this
point. My estimate for this work, assuming AMX bean and method is
there, is about 1 week time to create a plugin module to support the
above functionality. I also want to know if it makes sense to have a
EJB plugin module to configure the EJB container, the Transaction
Service and support Recover Transaction.

thanks
Anissa.