admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console iteam agenda for today (9/16)

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:10:10 -0700

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>> - admin console upgrade
>
> Is there a description of what this means? Can you point me to
> a write-up somewhere?
Here is the description: Admin Console need to support the case of
updating the console itself. There are 3 update scenario:
1. user get the update from updatetool
2. when running console, download the new version of admin console
For both cases above, upon server restart, we detect the case and
redeploy the console before loading it.

3. when server restart, we detect that new update for admin console
is available, and inform the user.
If user decides to download this new version, they can but they need to
restart the server again to see this changes. This restart is
mandatory, since we redeploy the new war, and some of the new jars that
comes with the IPS package is under the modules directory. Since the
previous version of these jars are already loaded, in order to sync
up, user needs to restart the server.

I will update the one pager to include the above description.
>> - Application Management
>
> This is the deployment descriptor editing part, right?
yes.
> Let's call/document it as such so that users don't misunderstand it.
Thats what the feature called. I will ensure that doc team knows thats
what it is about. I believe they already does.

thanks
Anissa.