admin@glassfish.java.net

Help for monitoring

From: Olga Vasserman <Olga.Vasserman_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:16:52 -0700

I'm not sure who this question is best directed to, so please forward
as appropriate.

I'm adding a new help section to Prelude for monitoring (since there
was no monitoring in TP2). I'm using previous app server
documentation as the basis, and wanted to confirm the following:

- Additional Properties are available for monitoring.
For Application Server 8.1 and 8.2, it looked like that section was
not applicable:
"There are no Additional Monitoring Service Properties in this
release, therefore ignore the Additional Properties table."
(see e.g. http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2641/ablvp)
However, that section is gone from 9.1 documentation. Does that mean
that there are now additional properties that can be configured? If
this is the case, is a list of available properties available somewhere?

- There is no difference between HIGH and LOW level of monitoring for
HTTP Service.
(from http://docs.sfbay.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3681/abeeu)

Question: I'm not able to find something indicating whether LOW/HIGH
setting is relevant for Web Container monitoring. I found the
following: "Web Container - Set the monitoring level to LOW for this
option to monitor all deployed servlets" but no mention of HIGH, which
makes me think there is no difference, but I found nothing stating
that explicitly (see http://docs.sfbay.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2554/ablvp)
.

Thank you in advance,
Olga.