admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console questions [doc issue]

From: Dixie Pine <Dixie.Pine_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:19:54 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:
> Hi Olga,
>
> Thanks for looking closely at the online help. Regarding the usage of
> each field, i hope the Admin Guide can answer your question.
Just so everyone understands how the documentation is architected---The
Admin Guide documents the using command line utilities; the Admin
Console online help documents using the GUI. So fields in the Admin
Console would need to be described in the online help, which Olga is
working on.
> I looked at the Admin Guild for v3 TP2 release,
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4495/ablsw?a=view there is very
> minimal information regarding HTTP Service. This probably needs
> improvement.
Certainly does. The TP2 ovcrview material was pulled from the 9.1 Admin
Guide (there wasn't much), and I wrote new material for performing basic
tasks using the asadmin commands. I will certainly welcome more material
for the HTTP Service, but for the Admin guide, it must be about the CLI,
not the GUI.