admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action items for Kedar from today's

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:01:29 -0700

On 08/26/08 10:21, Lloyd Chambers wrote:
> I suspect that we can get past the CLIP issues in ARC with a reasoned
> approach; the proposal to have meta options prior to the subcommand
> has compelling usability advantages that improve the user experience.
I'm not sure I agree, as the proposal appears to impair the user
experience by adding a new level of complexity: The user then has to
remember which options come before the subcommand and which options come
after. That's why the man pages have maintained a diplomatic silence
about this possibility of specifying metaoptions before the subcommand
and should continue to do so.

Regards,
-Paul