admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action items for Kedar from today's

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:15:16 -0700

Hi Kedar et al,

>In v3, can I say "asadmin --target foo list"? That is, can all the
>common arguments that really apply to asadmin itself rather than the
>subcommands be specified *before* the subcommand?

This is *not* CLIP compliant. Please see:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/arc/caselog/1999/645/spec-html/
Also, there is ambiguity if options are specified *before* the subcommand.
Consider the example:

"asadmin --option-name foo bar" What if --option-name is a boolean
option. So is foo treated as an option value to option-name or is it
treated as a subcommand? Note that boolean option does not require a
option value.

Jane