admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment client pom.xml change

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:49:14 -0500

Hi, Ken.

Ken Paulsen wrote:

> Hi Tim / Hong,
>
> We are depending on the deployment-client OSGi bundle for deployment.
> In the past we were using this jar file outside of OSGi, we're not
> accessing "normally" and I ran into an issue b/c the MANIFEST.MF file
> does export any packages. I need it to export:
> "org.glassfish.deployment.client" I have added this to the pom.xml
> and have tested this -- it works so far (I'm doing more testing). I
> plan to check this in soon, I just wanted to make you aware of what
> I'm doing in case I'm wrong or you have other ideas. :)
Thanks for the heads-up. It sounds like just the right change.

Just so I'm clear - are you still using it 'abnormally' or are you now
treating it as an OSGi module? I ask partly because eventually - not
for prelude - I need to know more about this picture for when the app
client container needs to load modules while running under Java Web Start.

- Tim