admin@glassfish.java.net

regarding create-file-user command

From: sonia liu <Sonia.Liu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:32:39 -0800

Hi,

I noticed an optoin change several days ago while using create-file-uesr
command. Before the change I used to use the following comamnd to create
file user
asadmin create-file-user --user admin --userpasswordfile <a admin
password file that contains:
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminadmin
AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD=adminadmin
> --authrealmname file --groups <group> --port 4848 j2ee
Earlier I created an user j2ee/j2ee using the above command and ran
security basic authentication test, I was successfully logined in as
j2ee/j2ee (user/password). But several days ago, I noticed the
create-file-user stopped support --userpasswordfile and only supported
--userpassword. I confirmed this with CLI developer and then changed
the --userpasswordfile to --userpassword in my test case. Please note,
since we passed adminpassword (adminadmin) to the --userpasswordfile
option and it worked, so I did the same to pass adminpassword adminadmin
to --userpassword option. Then I have successfully created the user.
However, when I ran the basic test, I entered j2ee/j2ee as usual, it
always got denied. Now I entered j2ee/adminadmin, it passed. So I
noticed the current create-file-user command considers the
--userpassword as the new user's password, not the admin user's
password. Can someone please help to clarify if this is an expected
behavior?

Thanks
Sonia