admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Relase Notes: options that are not supported at TP2

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:50:25 -0700

Jennifer Chou wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> This sounds good.
>
> I was also reviewing the Release Notes and it looks good. I don't
> think 'Using the Bundled Java DB Database' section belongs in the
> Hardware and Software Requirements..
> Also, I'm not sure if Java DB will be bundled. Jerome, Dinesh, or
> Sahoo - can you clarify?
Based on my last discussion with Jerome/Dinesh, Java DB is not bundled
with the product but made available as a separate package thru update
center.

Request Dinesh to confirm.

At the time of server startup, the startup code will check if the JDK
has corresponding Java DB otherwise it will download the package from
update center and then refer to it.

Request Sahoo/Jerome to confirm.