admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: move amx-api into glassfish-api?

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:17:59 -0700

Jerome,

This should be clarified for the community -- neither Kedar nor I
understand any use case without MBeans! So --

WHAT use case(s) involve no MBeans?

In in my view, accomodating such use cases will degrade the overall
viability of AMX. And it has pernicious effects, like foregoing
compile-time checks and subsituting runtime ones.

Lloyd

On Mar 14, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Jerome Dochez wrote:

>> 2. to make AMXConfigInfo.amxInterface() field be a String instead
>> of a Class<? extends AMXConfig>.
> sorry but this was not a suggestion, this needs to be changed and we
> have talked many times about such use case (no mbean)

---
Lloyd L Chambers
lloyd.chambers_at_sun.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc