admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need your help from you again

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:03:07 -0800

Hi Natee,
       Here is a simple example and commands to get you started with web
service monitoring. For answers to your questions please see inline.
-Sankar

bin/asadmin deploy jaxrpc-simple.ear
Command deploy executed successfully.

 bin/asadmin configure-webservice-management --monitoring=HIGH
"jaxrpc-simple#jaxrpc-simple.war#HelloIF"
Command configure-webservice-management executed successfully.

bin/appclient -client
domains/domain1/generated/xml/j2ee-apps/jaxrpc-simple/jaxrpc-simpleClient.jar
Hello Duke!

The following command assumes that you know your endpoints dotted name
to access its monitoring stats, if you are not sure use /asadmin get
--monitor "*.*"/ and grep for the particular endpoint you are intererted
in. Look below for a example.

bin/asadmin get --monitor
"server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.*"

server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-count
= 481
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-description
= Average response time measured in milliseconds
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-lastsampletime
= 1204493921694
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-name
= AverageResponseTime
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-starttime
= 1204493607102
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-unit
= milliseconds
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.dotted-name
=
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-count
= 481
.
.
.
.

or use

bin/asadmin get -m "*.*" | grep HelloIF
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-count
= 481
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-description
= Average response time measured in milliseconds
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-lastsampletime
= 1204495089945
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-name
= AverageResponseTime
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-starttime
= 1204493607102
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.averageresponsetime-unit
= milliseconds
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.dotted-name
=
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-count
= 481
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-description
= Maximum response time measured in milliseconds
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-lastsampletime
= 1204495089939
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-name
= MaxResponseTime
server.applications.jaxrpc-simple.jaxrpc-simple\.war.HelloIF.webservice-endpoint.maxresponsetime-starttime
= 1204493607102
.
.
.

Anissa Lam wrote:
> Hi Natee,
> Glad to hear from you again. This time, i am cc'ing the admin alias
> as they may be able to give you more accurate answer and help you on this.
>
> Regarding documentation, you may want to check this out:
>
> http://developers.sun.com/appserver/reference/techart/ws_mgmt.html --
> An article on Managing and Monitoring Web Services in Project GlassFish
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ws-mgmt/wsmgmthome.html -- the
> Web Service Management Project home page.
>
> Admin team, Natee is working on his Master thesis, and trying to add
> more functionality to the Web Service monitoring. He is using the V2
> UR1 code base.
>
> thanks
> Anissa
>

> NATEE ARTAIAM wrote:
>> Hi Anissa,
>>
>> I need your help from you again. I have some questions about web
>> service monitoring in Application Server. My questions are as follows:
>>
>> 1. Where is the log files of web service monitoring located in?
>> or Is the monitoring data kept inside the memory?
There is no file where the monitoring data's are logged, there are
monitoring Mbeans in appserver which has all the montoring stats.

>> 2. If I would like to collect more data from web service monitoring,
>> which file and which module I should focus on? I have no idea which
>> module I should start first.
It depends on which webservice endpoint you want to monitor. First get
to know which endpoint to monitor, use the asadmin get --monitor command
to get the stats.