admin@glassfish.java.net

creating resources in AMX

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:23:04 -0700

Anissa,

I hope to commit code this evening that supports creating resources.

I've made an API change. The old APIs might remain compatible (*if we
choose to do so*), but some work is required to do this. So for now,
please write this (as an example):

domainConfig.getResourcesConfig().createResourceAdapterConfig( name,
optional );

(It is the getResourcesConfig() part that is new).

INSTEAD OF the V2 style:

domainConfig.createResourceAdapterConfig( name, optional );

All of the getters should work as-is though eg
domainConfig.getXyzResourceConfigMap().

This applies to any type of resource. Similar principle applies:

domainConfig.getApplicationsConfig().createApplicationConfig(...) //
not used since deployment does the creation
domainConfig.getConfigsConfigs().createXyz(...)
domainConfig.getLoadBalancersConfig().createLoadBalancerConfig(...)

In short the intermediate grouping MBeans new exist representing
<resources>, <servers>, <thread-pools>, etc.

Lloyd

---
Lloyd L Chambers
lloyd.chambers_at_sun.com