admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployed WebApps and AMX Beans

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:17:54 -0700

Anissa,

We wouldn't want to make your life that hard. :)

The proposal is:
- remove the old AMX interfaces (WebModuleConfig, EJBModuleConfig, etc)
- manifest the old domain.xml elements all as the new AMX
'ApplicationConfig' interface.

That way you'd have only one interface to deal with
(ApplicationConfig), representing all deployed apps regardless of
their actual elements in domain.xml.

Would that not actually be preferable for the GUI?

Lloyd

On Mar 21, 2008, at 3:00 PM, Anissa Lam wrote:

>>> I also like this better. This shield the user like admin console
>>> from having to deal with both old/new elements.
>
> I would like some clarification to this. I am hearing that there
> will still be <web-module>, <ejb-module> in V3's domain.xml for
> compatibility, but there will NOT be AMX interface to get to this
> element, is that correct ?
> If thats true, there will be additional AMX API that will return
> ALL the web apps deployed, ie, include both <web-module> AND
> <application> which has 'web' specified in the engine. I think
> this is what Jerome suggested in Thurs' eng. meeting.
> Can Lloyd confirm ?
>
> thanks
> Anissa.

---