admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 configuration data types API change (please read)

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:25:07 -0800

Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
> Kedar,
>
> I could go either way, but I think it's worth discussing this formally
> at asarch, since it would require code changes on the client side
> anywhere booleans are used.

I'm not convinced that changing all the booleans to String in the AMX
API, and the disruption that would cause, are worth it.

> We should also settle on the semantics eg are "get" calls always the
> "raw" value with an explicit method to resolve (as today), or do we want
> to use a different approach.

Given all the things to worry about for V3, I'd rather not deal with
this "problem". Leave it the way it is for AMX.

If either of you two think this is a problem we should address, I'm
happy to schedule a discussion about it...