admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dev tests for Admin GUI

From: Mike Wright <Michael.A.Wright_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:03:43 -0700

Hi Irfan,

   I don't think that the admin-gui devtests can work well with the
latest version of the glassfish console (due to the javascript used by
Woodstock for one thing). We (open-esb) have tried to use HTTPUnit and
HTMLUnit in the past with limited success. Our latest approach, which
seems promising so far, is to use Selenium IDE and RC (which, unlike the
older approaches which attempt to use rhino-based javascript engines,
runs within the browsers, using the javascript engines that Woodstock
actually supports).

   However, our tests are not part of devtests and are currently run
manually (intermittently). We are working on refactoring these tests to
be run as automated regression tests in the open-esb builds, but this
work has been postponed due to higher priority work and resource
limitations, so I cannot provide much in the way of documentation yet.
Contact me offline if you want to discuss code.

Regards,
Mike
---