admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: conn. pool related domain.dtd changes for GlassFish V2

From: Rebecca Parks <June.Parks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:25:18 -0700

I've been following this discussion, and I still don't see why these
pool settings can't be implemented as attributes. The advantage of
attributes is that they're right there in the DTD and anyone can see
what the available settings are and what their defaults are. If the
attributes are optional, there is no backward compatibility issue. I
don't mind expanding the DTD a little bit for the sake of clarity. I've
always been suspicious of properties because they have in the past been
a way of sneaking features into the product.

June