admin@glassfish.java.net

Making it easy for the system admins?

From: Aditya Dada <Aditya.Dada_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:32:47 -0700

Hi All,

I believe there could be a very common scenario of use of Glassfish, in
which an admin would setup GlassFish on one zone of Solaris (say), or
one machine, and then would like that installation to pick up the tuning
parameters (e.g. pool size, permgen size etc.) from another location.
Currently there's no easy way to do this (other than copy some
directory/files from one machine to another).

Is there any plan on making this easier for the system administrators in
upcoming releases?

For e.g. at the time GlassFish is installed, or a new domain is created,
the user is asked whether the parameters should be picked from another
machine on the intranet? Or, a feature that lets system administrators
search for parameters that are set differently on other machines in the
same company/department, and then as a table of values is presented,
compare, adopt or discard those.

I believe there is something on similar lines already being discussed,
but I just wanted to find out if this situation had been covered.

Thanks,
-Aditya