dev@glassfish-samples.java.net

Re: GlassFish user id

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 20:08:33 -0700

I am able to see the following page without using any id.

Could you clear your browser cache and try again.

  Sample Applications Development Process

The process for checking out workspace, developing, testing,
documenting, and checking in the sample application into
glassfish-samples project is as follows:

   1. Get developer access to glassfish-samples
      <https://glassfish-samples.dev.java.net/> project by sending email
      to dev_at_glassfish-samples.dev.java.net
      <mailto:dev_at_glassfish-samples.dev.java.net> with your GlassFish
      user id. Once you are granted the developer access, you will be
      able to check out from and check in to the samples workspace.
   2. Check out the glassfish-samples project of java.net.
      cvs -d :pserver:<glassfish-userid>@cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs co
      glassfish-samples
   3. There are separate directories for each version of Java EE. The
      samples for Java EE 6 are under the javaee6 directory and the
      samples for Java EE 5 are under the javaee5 directory.
   4. All the samples follow blueprints project conventions
      <http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/projectconventions.html> for
      directory structure and naming
      <http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/namingconventions.html>.
   5. The sample applications use the blue prints build infrastructure
      called bp-project, which is at the top level of samples directory
      so that it can be shared by many sample applications. The
      bp-project is part of blueprints java.net project on conventions
      <https://conventions.dev.java.net/>.
   6. It is important that each sample application is provided with
      appropriate documentation and test code.
   7. Refer to the existing representative sample hello-stateless-ejb
      under the javaee6 directory to understand the directory structure,
      build scripts, test code, documentation.
          * hello-stateless-ejb shows how to build an ejb module,
            provide test code using a java client
          * For better user experience, the number of ant targets to be
            executed by the developer need to be kept to a minimum.
            Basically, the default ant target should be able to build,
            deploy and run the sample. All of the representative samples
            do this by using the ant target 'all'.
          * To understand how the entire build infrastructure works and
            what are various targets, refer to build infrastructure
            documentation
            <https://glassfish-samples.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/glassfish-samples/ws/bp-project/docs/DeveloperREADME.html>.

   8. For guidelines on documenting the sample, refer to the
      representative sample hello-stateless-ejb, which is documented
      using the sample application documentation template
      <http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/JavaEE6Samples/index.html>.
   9. Each sample application needs one or more test cases so that the
      sample applications go through some regular testing like glassfish
      to notice any regressions and for the purposes of promoting the
      samples bundle. Refer to the test directory of representative
      sample hello-stateless-ejb for information.

      Refer to documentation on developing unit tests
      <https://glassfish-samples.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/glassfish-samples/ws/javaee5/docs/UnitTesting.html>
      for detailed information.
  10. For setup of database and usage of JDBC resources, refer to Using
      Java DB with Sample applications.
      <https://glassfish-samples.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/glassfish-samples/ws/javaee5/docs/JavaDB.html>
  11. Make sure that the sample works with Netbeans IDE.
  12. Once the sample application development, testing and documentation
      is complete, get it reviewed by a domain expert or a colleague
      before checking it in.

Copyright © 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. <http://sun.com> All rights
reserved.