dev@glassfish-corba.java.net

Please Read: This project will be migrated to Kenai, starting 10 PM, 11/21/2010 (PST)

From: Ed Bratt <ebratt_at_dev.java.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:18:15 -0800

This project will be migrated to Kenai in the wave-2 migration effort.
This project will be locked, starting at 10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Sunday November. 21. We will work to unlock this project as soon as
possible however, we cannot predict the exact schedule for importing
projects into Kenai. The whole effort is expected to take about two
weeks, possibly three. Projects will be activated at [project].java.net
as soon as all data are imported into Kenai.

Please watch http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/Home
for updates regarding progress.
If you have any questions about the projects which are going to be
migrated, please review the complete list, here
<http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/Wave2Projects>.

    Actions you should take

*User Credentials*
If you have not activated your new java.net user credentials, please do
that now. (beta.java.net, select login. If you did not receive your
welcome e-mail, click "lost password.")
*Sync your local source copy*
You should take action now to Sync. your source code copies.
Projects from Collabnet servers will be read-only, once they are locked.
However we will be switching projects over to Kenai, as they become
ready so we cannot give a precise target date for this, for each
project. Once they are switched, you will not be able to access the old
repository from Collabnet.
*E-Mail*
Starting, this Sunday, e-mail to this project will cease since that is
part of the migrated data. Once the project is re-enabled, the same set
of project lists will be at [List]@project.java.net (remove the .dev).
*Learn about the new Java.Net*
Familiarize yourself with the new java.net. Browse to beta.java.net and
read the help documentation. Or, you can read the orientation and other
information we have compiled at the GlassFish Migration WIki
<http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/Home>.

    Getting Started
    <http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/GettingStartedForGlassFishUsers>
    FAQ <http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/MigrationFAQ>
    Migrating your GlassFish site
    <http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/GuideForMigratingYourSite>

*Prepare to update your web-site files*
Project Site Managers and Administrators should look for instructions
that you'll need to follow, to update your web-site. You can review the
migration procedure at the GlassFish Migration Wiki "Guide for Migrating
Your Site
<http://kenai.com/projects/glassfish-migration/pages/GuideForMigratingYourSite>".
*CVS will migrate to SVN*
Reminder -- The migration effort will attempt to migrate all CVS
archives to SVN. If this cannot be done without error, the original CVS
archive will be attached to your project. SVN has stronger integration
with Kenai so this will be your best option. If there are errors and
your repository is not switched, we can discuss options for additional
conversion methods.
*Repository Archives*
Repository archives, exported by Collabnet will be saved indefinitely
so, if your project determines a need for this, you can request it.
However, do not expect to receive these before Mid. January (unless
there is an urgent issue).

Thank you,
-- Ed Bratt