users@genericjmsra.java.net

Re: Questions about GenericJMSRA vs. IBM MQ RA

From: Ramesh Parthasarathy <Ramesh.Parthasarathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:03:19 +0000

Hi Armin,
        Please find responses below
Thanks
-Ramesh
On 05/07/09 09:42, Wrobel, Armin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have to analyze the advantages/disadvantages between the GenericJMSRA
> and the IBM MQ RA.
>
> As my company uses IBM WebSphere MQ, both RAs are an option.
>
> Could you please give me some advice concerning the following points?
>

> 1. Does the GenericJMSRA support all IBM MQ parameters?
If you are using JNDI integration mode you should be able to configure
the CFs and the Destinations with all the relevant IBM MQ parameters
while creating the Objects in the object store. This is independent of
the RA.

> 2. Which one of the RAs is more performant?

I dont have an answer in terms of number of messages/sec.
> 3. Does the GenericJMSRA support 'poison handling'?

If you mean Dead message queue, "Yes"
> 4. Does the GenericJMSRA support 'ssl encryption' (for authentication
> and encryption to the queue manager)?

Could you provide more information, if this feature is proprietary to
IBM MQ then probably it will not be supported in generic ra.
But if its a question of configuring the CFs in the object store with
the appropriate ssl properties and supplying the relevant jars in the
classpath then generic ra should be able to do it.
> 5. In general: which RA would you recommend when using IBM MQ?

Iam assuming you are using GlassFish application server, please let us
know otherwise. We have documented the steps for using Generic RA with
GalssFish and IBM MQ. I cannot comment on using IBM MQ RA because i have
not used it with GlassFish

Thanks
-Ramesh