users@genericjmsra.java.net

using GRA to connect to WebSphere MQ with session beans?

From: Sloss, Robert <Robert.Sloss_at_misys.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:49:37 -0000

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to integrate WebSphere MQ with GF
using the generic resource adapter to allow reading/writing of JMS
messages from a session bean instead of a MDB? The integration guide
outlines the changes needed to the deployment descriptor for connecting
using a message driven bean, but our application handles reading/writing
JMS messages using a stateless session bean managed using XA
transactions. Is this possible through the GRA? If so, are there any
changes I need to make to my deployment descriptor for our stateless
session beans to be able to obtain a GRA connection to WSMQ?

I followed the integration guide, and attempted to connect up to my WSMQ
(v6.0) from GF (v2.1) and a simple MDB example worked fine, but I can't
get a connection from our session beans.

Thanks,

Rob Sloss.

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number: 01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html. This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting party with which you are dealing.