users@genericjmsra.java.net

Re: RAD/Webpshere 6, Sonic MQ 7.0 and Generic JMS RAR

From: mathew philip <mathew_bin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 03:37:11 +0100 (BST)

Thank You Siva and Ramesh. I was able to find out the
reason for invalid property exception after setting
the RA logger level to finest. An incorrect property
was set in the jndi properties. Now I am getting an
error, The MessageEndpoint activation failed for
ActivationSpec
com.sun.genericra.inbound.ActivationSpec and MDB
Application Test#TestEJB.jar#DataAcessMDB, due to the
following exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

        at progress.message.jimpl.Connection.<init>(Unknown
Source) at
progress.message.jimpl.QueueConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source) at
progress.message.jimpl.xa.XAQueueConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source) at
progress.message.jclient.xa.XAQueueConnectionFactory.createXAQueueConnection(Unknown
Source) at
com.sun.genericra.inbound.InboundJmsResourcePool.createXAConnection(InboundJmsResourcePool.java:191)
        at
com.sun.genericra.inbound.InboundJmsResourcePool.initialize(InboundJmsResourcePool.java:129).
I am able to get the connection using Stand alone java
program based on the jndi property values I use for
RAR. I am attaching the trace.log if that helps.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Mathew

--- Ramesh <Ramesh.Parthasarathy_at_Sun.COM> wrote:

> Hi Mathew,
> Were do you specify the jndi properties,
> (PROVIDER_URL,
> CONTEXT_FACTORY..) ?
>
> Thanks
> -Ramesh
>
> Sivakumar Thyagarajan wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > [copying the users alias where such discussions
> are usually held]
> >
> > > I am trying to run an MDB on RAD 6 with generic
> JMS
> > > RAR Installed. The JMS provider is SONIC MQ V
> 7.0.
> >
> > I don't know why this occurs in Websphere 6, but
> could you set the RA
> > logger level to FINEST and provide this thread the
> logs and we could
> > probably try to find out why this is happening.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --Siva.
> >
> > mathew philip wrote:
> >> HI,
> >> I am trying to run an MDB on RAD 6 with generic
> JMS
> >> RAR Installed. The JMS provider is SONIC MQ V
> 7.0.
> >>
> >> I am using the provider integration mode as jndi.
> >> I keep getting an error
> (javax.resource.spi.InvalidPropertyException: )
> >>
> >> J2CA0138E: The MessageEndpoint activation failed
> for
> >> ActivationSpec
> >> com.sun.genericra.inbound.ActivationSpec and MDB
> >> Application Test#TestEJB.jar#DataAcessMDB, due to
> the
> >> following exception:
> >> javax.resource.spi.InvalidPropertyException:
> String
> >> index out of range: -1 at

com.sun.genericra.util.ExceptionUtils.newInvalidPropertyException
> >> (ExceptionUtils.java:42) at

com.sun.genericra.util.ObjectBuilderFactory$JndiObjectBuilder.createObject(ObjectBuilderFactory.java:100)

> >> at com.sun.genericra.util.ObjectBuilder.build(
> >>
> >> This is a snippet of ejb-jar.xml
> >> <enterprise-beans>
> >> <message-driven id="DataAcessMDB">
> >> <ejb-name>DataAcessMDB</ejb-name>

<ejb-class>com.arbell.app.mdb.DataAcessMDBBean</ejb-class>

<messaging-type>javax.jms.MessageListener</messaging-type>
> >> <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>

<message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
> >> <activation-config>
> >> <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>

> >> <activation-config-property-

value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>
> >> </activation-config-property>
> >> <activation-config-property>
> >> <activation-config-property-

name>ConnectionFactoryJndiName</activation-config-property-name>
> >> <activation-config-property-

value>jms/sonic/MDBConnectionFactory</activation-config-property-value>
> >> </activation-config-property>
>
> >> <activation-config-property>
> >> <activation-config-property-

name>DestinationJndiName</activation-config-property-name>
> >> <activation-config-property-

value>jms/sonic/Sample.Q1</activation-config-property-value>

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html