users@genericjmsra.java.net

MDB, WMQ, SJSAS, Generic RA

From: J. Seah <jonjonseah_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 04:27:33 +0000

Hi everyone,

I've got the GenericRA to work quite nicely with SJSAS8.1 and Websphere
MQ5.3 using ProviderIntegrationMode as Javabean. I've recently enabled XA
support as well and seems to be working fine.

My only problem now is getting an MDB working correctly. At this stage, all
I want the MDB to do is retrieve a message from the queue and print out the
contents. I've attached a modified version of the sun-ejb-jar.xml which will
access my admin object resource
(DestinationProperties=BaseQueueName\=TIM.TEST.WRITE,TargetClient\=1)

Now what i've noticed with the MDB is:

1. It does not pick up any message from the specified queue at all.
2. It appears to be creating connections at an interval but it does not seem
to close them.
3. I've set a MaxPoolSize of 2 in the MDB descriptor but it well and truly
exceeds it.

Help please...

Sivakumar, you've gotten the generic ra to work with WMQ6 with jndi provider
integration. Have you done it with javabean? and if not, why? Is there some
trap that i'm walking into at this stage?

thanks in advanced