users@genericjmsra.java.net

EIS-specific properties defined at RA level for GenericJMSRA ?

From: Max Poon <maxpoon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:52:30 +0800

Hi Binod

I noticed from article Getting Started with Connectors in Sun Java
System Application Server Platform Edition 8.0
<http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/as8_connectors/>
that we can "create multiple connector connection pools for a connection
definition in a functional resource adapter instance".

However, in the GenericJMSRA User Guide
<https://genericjmsra.dev.java.net/docs/userguide/userguide.html>
"Resource Adapter Properties", I discovered that parameters like

    * ProviderIntegrationMode
    * ConnectionFactoryClassName
    * QueueConnectionFactoryClassName
    * ...
    * JndiProperties
    * CommonSetterMethodName
    * UserName
    * Password

which are specific to each of the different EIS (i.e.
QueueConnectionFactoryClassName=com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory)
are defined in the generic resource adapter level, instead of Connection
Pool level. In this case, how can different connection /
connection-pool for different EIS (e.g. WMQ, TibEMS) be sharing one and
the same genericjmsra definition?

Thanks for any advice.

Max