users@genericjmsra.java.net

Testing Transaction Features

From: Subramanian Easwaran <Subramanian.Easwaran_at_borland.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:31:47 +0800

Hi all

I currently have the following use-cases for testing the inbound
communication with Transactions:

USE CASE 1:
Tibco JMS Server --> Generic JMS RA --> MDB End points in AppServer

I am testing whether multiple messages can be sent as part of the Same
transaction (same XID). I am currently exploring the Transaction support
and the configurations in Generic JMS RA. If any one has tried a similar
use-case it would be great if you could share any information.

USE CASE 2:
The Tibco JMS Server sends a message to the MDB Endpoint in a
Transactional context
Tibco JMS Server ==> Generic JMS RA ==> MDB Endpoints --> Database
operation that fails. (roll back)
So the message ideally now should be redelivered.

It would be helpful if anyone has info on import transactions using
Generic JMS RA and whether such use cases are possible?

cheers

Subramanian Easwaran
Borland Software Corporation