users@genericjmsra.java.net

Re: Weblogic 9.1 & GenericraJMS

From: Binod <Binod.Pg_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:49:03 +0530

Hi Sairam,

> /How would I configure the resource adapter in Weblogic 9.1 with Tibco
> EMS?/
>
> /I tried to add them as properties to the weblogic-ra.xml and also
> tried to set them as properties to the admin-objects./

All seem to be the correct steps.

> //
>
> / /
>
> /asadmin create-resource-adapter-config --user <adminname> --password
> <admin password> --property
> SupportsXA=true:ProviderIntegrationMode=jndi:UserName=admin:Password=###:
> JndiProperties=java.naming.factory.url.pkgs\\=com.tibco.tibjms.naming,java.naming.factory.initial\\=com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory,java.naming.provider.url\\=localhost\\:7222:LogLevel=finest
> genericra/
>

> /**************** Weblogic output *************************/
>
> [1] The ra.xml <activationspec-class> class
> 'com.sun.genericra.inbound.Activatio
>
> nSpec' should not override either equals() or hashCode(), but does.
> This is o.k.
>
> as long as the Java object identity is presevered

The above one doesnt seem a fatal.

> [2] The weblogic-ra.xml element <admin-objects><default-properties>
> contains a p
>
> roperty "SupportsXA" with value "false" which cannot be found in
> ra.xml and ther
>
> efor will not be set
>
> [3] The weblogic-ra.xml element <admin-objects><default-properties>
> contains a p
>
> roperty "ProviderIntegrationMode" with value "jndi" which cannot be
> found in ra.
>
> xml and therefor will not be set
>
> [4] The weblogic-ra.xml element <admin-objects><default-properties>
> contains a p
>
> roperty "JndiProperties" with value
> "java.naming.factory.initial=com.tibco.tibjm
>
> s.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory,java.naming.provider.url=tibjmsnaming://loc
>
> alhost:7222" which cannot be found in ra.xml and therefor will not be set
>
> [5] The weblogic-ra.xml element <admin-objects><default-properties>
> contains a p
>
> roperty "LogLevel" with value "finest" which cannot be found in ra.xml
> and there
>
> for will not be set>

The above 3 comments seems to be a limitation on the weblogic server. AFAIK,
per connector spec, a J2EE implementation need to introspect the
javabeans and
set the values. As a quick workaround, you can unjar the RAR, edit the
ra.xml of the
RA to add these properties and re-jar it. [You can also pull down the
source and build
it, if you like]

Also, please file an issue in the issue tracker, so that someone
workaround this weblogic limitation
in RA.

> <Jan 5, 2006 5:13:54 PM EST> <Warning> <WorkManager> <BEA-002919>
> <Unable to fin
>
> d a WorkManager with name genericJMS.rar. Dispatch policy
> genericJMS.rar will ma
>
> p to the default WorkManager for the application genericJMS>

It appear like there is a way to configure a workmanager for each RA in
weblogic. Again seem
to be just a warning.

- Binod.