dev@fi.java.net

AttributesHolder

From: Alan Hudson <giles_at_yumetech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:42:21 -0700

Paul, this may not be the right list now but I haven't posted in ahile.
  If it isn't can you redirect to the right place?

Looking at AttributesHolder.convertEncodingAlgorithmDataToString

I notice it throws an exception when asked to handle a builtin
algorithm. This means calling getValue on it will return null.

I feel like I ran into this before and worked around it. But I'd like
to discuss it a bit this time.

I've got a SAX stream output from my X3D processor. For our XML output
I just have a ContentHandler pretty printer. But right now when it
calls getValue on the attribute it doesn't get anything to print. I
could call getAlgotithmData at that point and work from there. But is
there a reason getValue shouldn't return something useful?

Right now I can't write a generic printer that doesn't need to import
AttributesHolder. Ie I'd prefer to stick with the Attributes interface
only.
--
Alan Hudson
President Yumetech, Inc.                               www.yumetech.com