dev@fi.java.net

Public API & javadoc?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:17:05 -0800

I know the exact package name is still under the discussion, but
shouldn't there be a link from the FI web site to the javadoc of the API
that FI exposes?

I've been doing that for many other projects that I involve (see
http://stax-utils.dev.java.net/ for example), and as usual I have an
automated system to do this regularly.

I'm happy to set one up for FI if that suits everyone.

And actually my question was whether FI serializer has a native API.
We've been talking about integrating FI into JAXB RI, but I'm not sure
if I want that code to live inside the FI, because it depends on a lot
of internals of the JAXB RI.

It seems to me that it is better to keep that code inside the JAXB RI. I
probably want some FI expert to write the initial version, but once
that's done it shouldn't be hard to maintain that by the JAXB team,
perhaps with an occasional help from the FI project.

This assuming that FI has (or is going to have) a well-known native API,
committed for a compatibility, that allows fast serialization to FI.

Is this going to be the case? Any thoughts?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi