dev@fi.java.net

samples

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:48:36 +0100

Hi Joe,

I noticed you made a good start on the samples.

Given that there will be some minor modifications to the specification
of the encoding of Fast Infoset i am wondering if it might be better not
to put FI documents in samples directory just yet.

I will be updating the FI serializer/parser code soon according to ISO
ballot comments.

For now i recommend removing them and allowing a user to generate the
documents using the scripts, perhaps as part of some example
documentation :-)

I know there are two FI documents in the FastInfoset directory but these
are kind of special since they are associated with the specification and
the example annex, and will require updating accordingly.

When the specification is stable (it nearly is!) we can put a whole
bunch of FI documents in CVS and also use these for testing purposes.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz