dev@fi.java.net

Re: Support required with resulting dependency on Xerces <was> Re: XML Names and FI parsing

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.Pericasgeertsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:01:44 -0500

On Feb 28, 2005, at 5:17 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After further thought we should implement this so as to be credible
> with the XML community.

  I'm not sure. I'd rather have this as an option (turned off by
default). A lot of people working with alternate serializations feel
that these checks are redundantly unnecessary.

  Fast infoset set is a serialization of the Infoset which can only
contain legal characters. In that sense, I don't believe those checks
belong here, but would be OK to have them as an option.

-- Santiago