dev@fi.java.net

StAX and TCK

From: Joe Wang <joe.wang_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:53:55 -0800

StAX progress:
    Completed implementation late last Thursday with the following
exceptions:
    1) Location: in binary file doesn't make much sense. But need to
think of a good way to provide users information on where things go wrong.
    2) NamespaceContext: need to be implemented.
    3) OutputFactory.createXMLEventWriter(java.io.Writer stream): need
to be implemented.
        In InputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(java.io.Reader reader), we
implemented an internal conversion converting xml file in a format of a
io Reader into finf in the form of a ByteArrayInputStream, so we could
return XMLStreamReader.

TCK:
    The first time I tried it, all tests were red :( Further analysis,
made a few fixes, got 3 fully passed and a few half passed. The way the
TCK tests were written, there were a StreamEquals and a EventEquals in
each test. We passed StreamEquals test but failed on EventEquals --
unfortunately, that's labled "failed" for the whole test :( There are
20 tests in total.
    EventEquals: the analysis I've done so far, the event returned from
our EventReader does not match that from the RI event reader. One point
I saw ours returned StartElement but RI returned Characters. We might
have some work to do preserving Characters(whitespace) in conversion as
Paul and I discussed last week.
    xmltosaxtofi couldn't convert nameSpace.xml used for one of the
tests into finf., return exception like this:
java.net.UnknownHostException: dev
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Unknown Source)

Paul, I've attached the file. Could you see the problem?

Joe