users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: PFD candidates available for review

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:09:32 -0700

For the sake of completeness this is the change log between the Public
Draft and the PFD candidate (Section "Proposed Final Draft 1"):

.Minor editorial changes
.Updated rules for the activationConfig properties to reflect changes to
the JMS specification. Removed section "Durable Subscription Name in
Clustered Deployment"
.Moved chapter "Specification of Interceptors in the Deployment
Descriptor" from the Interceptors specification back to this document
.Added that PostActivate, and PrePassivate lifecycle callback methods
follow requirements for the lifecycle callback interceptor methods
defined in the Interceptors specification
.Noted the a message-driven bean class may declare a constructor using
Inject annotation in addition to a no-arg constructor, if it is a
CDI-enabled bean
.Added AroundConstruct to the list of supported lifecycle callback methods.
.Added references to the Interceptors specification for bean instance
creation rules if AroundConstruct callback is declared on the associated
interceptor class
.Added around-construct interceptor type to the list of deployment
descriptor elements used to specify the interceptor methods of an
interceptor class
.Replaced newInstance() with a bean constructor to allow for Inject
constructor use cases
.Updated to the final versions of the related documents
.Removed explicit 3.2 version where it is not needed
.*New:* Defined EJB API Groups.
.Renamed Subsection "EJB Lite" to Subsection "EJB Lite and Other EJB API
Groups".
.Replaced table "Required contents of EJB Lite and Full EJB API" with
"EJB API Groups"
.Added section 16.1.1, "Support for Other EJB API Groups in an EJB Lite
Container".
.Added section 16.1.2, "Integration with Other Technologies"
.Updated related Embeddable Container requirements (18.3.1) to not
require .war file support
.Updated XML Schema definition to the latest version
.Added section on relationship to the JAX-RS Specification
.*New:* Added Container provided security role named "**" to indicate
any authenticated caller independent of the actual role name
.Adjusted section 11.4, "Simple Environment Entries", and fixed the list
of the naming context that the container must implement to be consistent
with the Java EE Platform specification
.Added lookup-name to a deployment descriptor override rules for a
Resource annotation
.Replaced description of the resource-ref and the resource-env-ref
elements with the references to the Java EE Platform specification
.Updated section 16.3.5, "JMS API Requirements" to reflect the latest
requirements in the JMS specification
.Updated sections 16.3.3 and 16.3.4 to match the latest versions of the
corresponding specification
.Replaced footnote in section 4.6.5, "Disabling Passivation of Stateful
Session Beans" with a text note on failover of stateful session beans
and use of passivation
.*New:* Added message-driven bean with a no-method listener interface
.Updated "What is New in This Release"

-marina