users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] EJB_SPEC-71 - Clarify rules on Timer.cancel

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 23:03:18 -0800

Experts,

Please look at http://java.net/jira/browse/EJB_SPEC-71 - which is a
separate issue on Timer.cancel mismatch in the spec.

Please let me know, if you think that:

a) A timer can be cancelled only by the bean that owns it (as in
getAllTimers() rule)

Or

b1) A timer can be cancelled by calling Timer.cancel() (i.e. the rule in
getAllTimers() should be removed)

b2) Timer can be cancelled by a non-EJB caller (i.e. the spec should
remove references to a bean or a Bean Provider when describing the timer
cancellation).

Depending on the outcome of your vote, I'll update the spec one way or
the other.

As a note: GlassFish (RI) allows a non-owning bean (I didn't check a
servlet) to cancel a timer by calling its cancel() method.

thanks,
-marina