users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Public Draft doc candidates uploaded to the project area for review

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:47:27 -0800

Experts,

Please review ASAP so that I can submit the docs to the JCP on-time.
I'll upload the javadoc when I figure out why it's not being built in my
workspace.

*Core document:
http://java.net/projects/ejb-spec/downloads/download/ejb-3_2-core-pd-4.pdf*

Major changes since pd-3 (the complete list is in A.5, the change-bars
reflect changes since EDR):
- Removed restrictions on javax.ejb.Timer and javax.ejb.TimerHandle
access (and removed restriction on cancelling timers returned by
getAllTimers method)
- EJBContainer class now implements the java.lang.AutoCloseable interface
- Added references to the CDI spec and rules on constructors and removal
of the CDI-enabled beans
- Removed requirements for the container provider to publish the
java:comp/uniqueMDBName name (it will be a new API in the Connector spec)
- Updated XML Schema definition to the latest version
- Restored references to entity beans in Ch 10, 11, and 12 as separating
the rules added an unnecessary complexity (see changes to the Optional
Doc). Added footnotes that component contract and client view of entity
beans are described in the EJB Optional Features document.

*Optional document:
http://java.net/projects/ejb-spec/downloads/download/ejb-3_2-optional-prd-candidate.pdf*

Major changes since EDR (the complete list is in A.3, the change-bars
reflect changes since EDR):
- Replaced section numbers with the section titles when referencing EJB
Core Contracts and Requirements document.
- Removed text from Ch 9 and 10 that was exactly the same as in the EJB
Core Contracts and Requirements document.
- Removed most of the text from Ch 11 as it was an unnecessary
duplication of the corresponding chapter in the EJB Core Contracts and
Requirements document. Left only section “Mapping Objects Returned by
Entity Bean Finder Methods to IDL”
- Removed completely chapters “Enterprise Bean Environment” and
“Security Management” as it was an unnecessary duplication of the
corresponding chapters in the EJB Core Contracts and Requirements document.

Have a Happy New Year!
-marina