users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: Bean Validation support for EJBs?

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:05:55 +0200

Hi all,

With the new Bean Validation 1.1 method-level validation I expect something
to work out of the box (with or without CDI) :

@Stateless
public class AccountService {

    public Account get(*_at_NotNull* Account model) { }
}

As for Stateful bean the question is "is there a possible integration
between BV and EJB like JPA or JSF" ? For example, in the following code,
shall we automatically validate the bean on @Remove (like @PreRemove on
JPA) :

@Stateful
public class ShoppingCart {

    *_at_NotNull*
    private List<CartItem> cartItems;

    *_at_Remove*
    public voide checkout { // validate cartItems ? }
}

I don't really see the point in something like that, but I might miss
something. Could there be another possible integration ?

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion