users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext

From: Carlo de Wolf <cdewolf_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:53:03 +0200

Does it need anything?

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/ejb/SessionContext.html#getMessageContext%28%29

Clearly states that it should throw an IllegalStateException.

It also states in the spec for the various session bean types:
"Invoking the getMessageContext method is disallowed in session bean
methods that
were not invoked by the container through the session bean’s web service
endpoint."

The whole dependency on the JAX-RPC API class(es) remains a bummer though.

Carlo