users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: Packaging library jar(s) into an EJB module?

From: Florent BENOIT <Florent.Benoit_at_ow2.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:06:48 +0100

     Hi,

Well, I'm not sure that it should be allowed
I see no major difference between an EAR file including an EJB file +
libraries and an EJB file including an external library file as there is
an extra "packaging" step
And often, when using .jar extension, we expect to find all the classes
at the root.
Also, we can still make an uberjar of all dependencies with tools like
maven when building its EJB.

Regards,

Florent