users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Transactional support for Pre/Post lifecycle callback methods on SFSB?

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:54:36 -0800

Experts,

Looking at the long thread on this subject (XXX Transactional execution
of a PostConstuct or PreDestroy method of a singleton session bean), I'm
confused on the outcome of the discussion...

Did we reach an agreement to allow transactional support for Pre/Post
lifecycle callback methods of a SFSB (i.e. SLSB and MDB are not changed
in this release)?

If yes, did we agree that Required would mean RequiresNew in the
transactional attributes (i.e. their execution is never a part of the
client's transaction)?

What would happen with a SFSB instance if transaction is rolled back
during execution of the lifecycle callback?

thanks,
-marina