jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: [ejb-spec users] Re: [cdi-dev] PreDestroy order (was: Fwd: Interceptors spec 1.2 draft is available for review)

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:55:02 -0800

To close on this item - The PreDestroy order for the class hierarchy
will not be changed.

We tested the order of the PreDestroy invocations on @Interceptors
interceptors and target instances against 3 appservers: the RI, WLS,
and WebSphere (let me know if anybody else is interested to give it a
try - it's a simple EJB jar that needs to be deployed/undeployed and the
log file examined for the produced output).

All 3 of them diligently followed the rules that had been originally
defined in the EJB 3.0 spec (i.e. 7 years ago), then carried over to the
Interceptors 1.1 (and now to 1.2): the superclass interceptor method is
invoked before the one in the subclass.

Regardeing the cleanup of references in the superclass: the superclass
PreDestroy method can do its cleanup *after* the ctx.proceed call
returns (i.e. after the subclass has finished its processing), which
seems to be a good option for the cleanup.

Best,
-marina