jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: [ejb-spec users] Re: Fwd: Proposals for MDB and RA standardisation (JMS_SPEC-30,55,54,25,73)

From: Jeremy Bauer <jrbauer_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:26:19 -0500

Thanks, Marina. Yes. That answers those questions.

Any additional thoughts on inAppClientContainer residing in java:comp?

-Jeremy

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
To: jsr345-experts_at_ejb-spec.java.net,
Date: 07/18/2012 08:32 PM
Subject: [ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: Fwd: Proposals for
MDB and RA standardisation (JMS_SPEC-30,55,54,25,73)

Jeremy,

About the questions in the "General questions" section:

* Do "java:comp" entries need to be available outside the call to
activateEndpoint? If yes, what are the semantics for EJB-in-WAR
(wherein all components share java:comp)?
* Further, do the "java:comp" entries need to be available when
activateEndpoint is called outside the scope of an MDB?

I got the following answer from the JCA spec lead:

> During endpointActivation access to java:/comp is available for a
> Resource adapter [Please see Section 13.4.4 of the Connectors spec].
> The endpointActivation is only called by an application container for
> endpoint activations.

Does it answer your questions?

thanks,
-marina