jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: [ejb-spec users] Re: XXX Do we support PostConstruct method callbacks,as business methods?

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:58:31 +0200

One problem at the very beginning of JPA 1.0 was that it was bundled with
EJB 3.0. People first thought you could only use JPA with EJBs. I think it
would make it clearer to have a separate spec for Interceptors,
a separate spec for transaction management... and so on. Maybe the future of
Java EE is to have 100 short specifications rather than 30 fat ones.

But again, I don't see this as a very high priority for EE 7. It's more
important to extract parts of the spec (interceptors, tx mgmt...) and ship
it with EJB.

My 2 cents

Antonio