users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] Re: Inconsistency in spec handling of ResourceAdapter properties

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 00:53:08 -0400

Hi,

I agree that it is an oversight, since AdminObject can now make use of
ResourceAdapterAssociation, and should be fixed. Please, file a

  https://java.net/jira/browse/CONNECTOR_SPEC

such that we remember.

However, the whole text is kind of "loose". We should be more explicit
about the role of ResourceAdapterAssociation and its role in
configuration and deployment. Copying parameters from one object to the
another shouldn't be considered best practice.

Vendor deployment tools can choose how to represent the deployment
model, and how configuration values are mapped on to the objects in
question.

Best regards,
  Jesper