users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] Re: proposed MDB improvements

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:59:38 -0400

On 03/11/2013 03:38 PM, frowe_at_us.ibm.com wrote:
> What's the rationale behind "We should mandate that the returned
> Class<?> is the actual endpoint, and not the proxy. And that its
> ClassLoader has visibility to the needed class definitions."

The MessageEndpointFactory should return the actual MessageEndpoint
implementation - the proxy is an application server specific class,
which may implement additional functionality that shouldn't be exposed
to the resource adapter.

Likewise the returned class should be a state where all its dependencies
are resolved, or at least can be using
getEndpointClass().getClassLoader() such that its methods/fields can be
used. But that should be ok based on the above, so I don't know if we
need to explicit state this...

The MessageEndpoint needs to maintain its transaction inflow properties
no matter how the actual endpoint is invoked. Maybe we should note that
explicit such that it isn't by-passed.

Best regards,
  Jesper