users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] Re: Please review the first draft of the Connectors 1.7 specification

From: Wilson Tian <wilson.tian_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:36:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Here are a few minor comments:

1. update text in Section 18.9.2 @AdministeredObjectDefinition:
"The fully qualified class name of the administered object's interface must be indicated by the interfaceName element only if the class indicated in the className element implements more than one interface."
" ... only if the class indicated in the className element implements more than one Interface and application server cannot determine the unique Java interface of the administered object according the rules defined in section 18.8 @AdministeredObject."

2. update rules in section 18.8 @AdministeredObject, to auto-exclude ResourceAdapterAssociation also.

3. clarify in section 18.9 that these 2 annotations can only be put in modules which have accessibility to the resource adapter according to section 20.2.0.4 Requirements.

4. clarify in section 18.9.1.1 Example and 18.9.2.1 Example,
"Once defined, a connector connection factory/Queue resource may be referenced by a component, ,using the resource-ref deployment descriptor element or the Resource annotation."
"... may be referenced by a component, which has accessibility to the resource adapter according to section 20.2.0.4 Requirements, using the resource-ref ..."
Or, put these clarifications to section 18.9 with #3 above together.

Thanks
Wilson