users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] Re: MessageEndpointFactory

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:06:48 -0500

Hi,

On 01/21/2013 08:00 AM, Sivakumar Thyagarajan wrote:
>> It is the other way around - the 1.5 MEF is deployed to EE 6 and a 1.6
>> RAR
>> is used calling the new method.
>
> This is not allowed, as such a combination would not pass the
> compatibility tests.

There are other CTS tests in place that won't allow that to happen.

That doesn't mean it is a valid use-case though.

>> Since MEFs are external to the application server we should have added a
>> TimeoutMessageEndpointFactory with the method, but we didn't. Hence we
>> should update the documentation with that fact.
>
> MEFs are /not/ external to the application server. This is where I think
> I am not following the point above. One of the MEF implementation in the
> case of a 'full profile' EE6 application server would be a MDB
> container. If a Connector 1.6 standalone connector container chooses to
> support Message Inflow, the container must provide a MEF with the new
> method. So, in both of these cases though a MEF implementation is
> external to the connector container implementation, it is still
> delivered along with the connector implementation and hence the
> old-on-new scenario would not occur.

Note, I said external to the EE implementation - meaning the platform
that passes the TCK.

It doesn't mean that the services are deployed externally to the EE process.

The use-case is a SOA provider which provides a MEF implementation and
deploys that on an EE implementation using their vendor specific
integration points - in this case this implementation is the "app
server" in the context of chapter 13.

This scenario isn't covered in the spec - explicit.

Best regards,
  Jesper