users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] MessageEndpointFactory.getActivationName in CONNECTOR_SPEC-1

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <sivakumar.thyagarajan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 01:24:30 +0530

Hi Nigel
[copying the EG list, and the connector-spec users list. I think Nigel can
post only to the users list, and so EG members, please ensure that you
copy the users list in your response]

In the JIRA issue http://java.net/jira/browse/CONNECTOR_SPEC-1 that you
had filed, there was a recommendation for the introduction of a new method
getActivationName in MessageEndpointFactory. In a recent EG meeting [1],
we discussed this, and there was concern that this addition would impact
all MEF implementations (implementations that could be non-EE, non-MDB
container).

There was a suggestion that this requirement could probably be worked
through a required JMS ActivationSpec configuration property. If the
MessageEndpoint application developer specifies the value for this, we
would not need the MEF implementation to provide this.

Could you please provide more information on the exact usecase that would
need this capability? I had tried to summarize the usecase as I understood
it at [2], but I am sure you would be able to help us understand the
requirements better and see if we can come up with an alternative.

Thanks
--Siva.
[1]
http://java.net/projects/connector-spec/lists/jsr322-experts/archive/2013-01/message/34