users@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-spec users] multiple tasks in a single transaction

From: <frolovmx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:28:08 +0000 (UTC)

Prior to JSR236 In my application computed multiple I/O and CPU
intensive tasks sequentially in a single long running transaction.

I'm not sure whether JSR-236 can help me to execute some of the tasks
in parallel.

The main requirement of my application is to execute all tasks in a
single transaction.

Currently the transaction is started by container when client calls an
@Remote or @Webservice @Stateless EJB method.

What I already tried is to create tasks/threads in EJB method using
ManagedExecutorService, ContextService and
USE_TRANSACTION_OF_EXECUTION_THREAD property. But the tasks are always
executed without existing transaction.

Is it possible with JSR-236 to execute multiple tasks in parallel in a
one single transaction?