jsr236-experts@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-experts] Javadoc and spec clarifications

From: <frowe_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:21:19 +0000 (GMT)

I'd like to propose a couple of simple doc clarifications based on
internal feedback:

For the ContextService.createContextualProxy
(...) methods, the javadoc currently says "If the application component
that created the proxy is not started or deployed, all methods on
reflected interfaces will throw a java.lang.IllegalStateException.". I
propose changing that to "If the application component that created the
proxy is not started or deployed, all methods on reflected interfaces
may throw a java.lang.IllegalStateException." This allows the app
server the flexibility to achieve performance gains by not having to
detect that situation for use cases that don't care about the app
state.

In section 2.3 Container Thread Context of the spec, we state: "The
types of contexts to be propagated include JNDI naming context,
classloader, and security information." It is not obvious that we were
specifically talking about the application component related contexts,
thus I'd propose instead "The types of contexts to be propagated from a
contextualizing application component must include its JNDI naming
context, classloader and security information."

Similarly in section 3.1.4.3 Default ManagedExecutorService, we state
"The types of contexts to be propagated by this default
ManagedExecutorService must include naming context, classloader, and
security information." I'd propose a simialr change to "The types of
contexts to be propagated by this default ManagedExecutorService from a
contextualizing application component include its JNDI naming context,
classloader and security information."