jsr236-experts@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-experts] Re: [jsr236-spec users] Transaction discussion from JSR 342 [was Re: JSR 236]

From: Frederick W Rowe <frowe_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:47:51 -0500

I'm fine with that additional clarification.

Regards,

Fred Rowe

WebSphere Architect
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Software Group
frowe_at_us.ibm.com

Anthony Lai <anthony.lai_at_oracle.com>
02/15/2013 03:51 PM
Please respond to
jsr236-experts

jsr236-experts_at_concurrency-ee-spec.java.net
cc

Subject
[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Transaction discussion from JSR 342
[was Re: JSR 236]

Dear Experts,

Forwarding a discussion on the JSR 342 (EE 7 Platform) expert group. It is
suggested that:

please make sure the JSR 236 spec is clear that tasks/threads
have the same ability to use transactions that the component submitting
them does. For example, they can call transactional enterprise beans,
they can call managed beans that use the @Transactional interceptor,
they can start their own transactions using UserTransaction, etc.

Currently, the spec only specified that javax.transaction.UserTransaction
should be available for the tasks should they wish to use transaction.
Does anyone see any problem with adding to the spec what was suggested in
the JSR 342 discussion?

Regards
Anthony